No pasta? No problem! Swap out pasta night for this easy spaghetti squash dinner.
If you’ve never had spaghetti squash, it’s a must-try! It can easily replace actual spaghetti for a healthy alternative.
This dish can easily be made with tofu, beef, turkey, or shrimp instead of chicken.
My homemade pesto adds a burst of flavor & is so easy to make. It’s a great way to sneak some greens into your dish!
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 40 minutes
total time: 45 minutes
Ingredients: 1 medium spaghetti squash 2-4oz thin sliced chicken breasts 1/4 white or yellow onion, diced 1/2 cup shredded carrots 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided 1 tsp Paprika 1 tsp Garlic powder 1/2 tsp Oregano Salt & pepper
𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘗𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘰: 2 cups raw baby spinach 1 tbsp dried basil 1 tsp apple cider vinegar Olive oil Salt & pepper Optional: Nutritional yeast, Laoganma spicy chili crisp Asian sauce
Instructions: 1) Preheat oven to 400F. Score & cut spaghetti squash into two even halves. Drizzle w/ avocado oil, salt & pepper. Place face down on a baking sheet or in a glass baking dish. Bake for about 35 minutes.
2) In the meantime, mix paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt & pepper in a large bowl. Baste each chicken breast w/ a little bit of avocado oil then add to bowl w/ seasonings & rub well to coat chicken.
3) Place in air fryer for about 10 min or until cooked all the way through (or oven for ~20 minutes). Remove, dice & set aside.
4) In a pan, 1/2 tsp heat avocado oil over medium heat. Add onion & cook for 1 min. Add shredded carrots & cook about 5 minutes. Add a small amt of water, reduce heat to medium-low & cover for another couple of min.
5) In a food processor, add spinach & turn on to chop up spinach. for about :30s. Scrape spinach from sides. Turn on again & slowly pour in olive oil until a smooth sauce forms. Add basil, ACV, salt & pepper. Blend until mixed well. Add nutritional yeast & chili sauce if desired.
6) Remove spaghetti squash from oven once done & let cool a few minutes. Using a fork, scrape inside of spaghetti squash to separate from skin & make into long strands. Remove from squash & add to pan w/ onion, carrot, & diced chicken. Turn heat to low & mix well. Pour pesto sauce on top & mix, stirring until heated through. Enjoy!
Jenn Horowitz, FNTP, CPT is a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Certified Personal Trainer who works to address the root cause of illness. Jenn is the founder of JTH Wellness, a holistic health nutrition counseling practice specialized in helping people with stomach problems take control of their health through nutrition and lifestyle changes. Jenn works to support and educate others so that they can enjoy life again, pain and worry free. Learn more about Jenn’s nutrition counseling services and schedule a free 15-minute discovery session by visiting her website, http://www.JTHwellness.com.